This is my first attempt at Randy Seaver’s Genea-Musings Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, but when I read it I couldn’t resist.
The mission is based on Micheal John Neill’s post 10 Signs You Have Genealogy OCD. Here’s my list (…I’m so GOCD I couldn’t even manage to stop at 10):
1. Your RSS Reader logs at least 300 new posts per day… all from other genealogists
2. You own more genealogy books than Amazon.com.
3. You continue to email info about your ancestry to living family members, even though they’re about as interested as the dead.
4. You have taken at least one photo of a tombstone for another genealogist.
5. You dragged your kids to the cemetery on a beautiful Saturday afternoon to accomplish #4
6. You’d rather listen to geneabloggers radio than go out on Friday night.
7. Your office is covered in paperwork – 1/10 work related, 9/10 genealogy related.
8. You have a separate email address just for genealogy stuff.
9. The only reason you joined Google+ was to stay in touch with other genealogists.
10. You know that the word genealogy contains only one “o.”
11. You actually enjoy driving (or doing laundry, or cleaning the house…) since that is the best time to catch up on all of the genealogy podcasts.
12. You have served your family at least one take-out dinner after forgetting to stop researching and start cooking.
13. And the most telling sign you have GOCD: You find yourself on a Saturday afternoon writing down all of the reasons why you know you have GOCD.