Thankful Thursday – I took the plunge!

Boston University - Mugar LibraryAs you might know from my about page, improving my research skills and continuing my education in genealogy is one of my “wish list” items. I’ve been mulling over the Boston University Genealogy research program for what seems like ages now, and I finally decided to take the plunge. I enrolled in the Summer 2012 online session, which seems to fit in most easily with my own teaching schedule.

I’m super excited about the course and can’t wait until it starts in May. The website warns that there is a lot of work involved (10 – 15+ hours per week), so I have already blocked out space in my calendar for each set of lessons. I have a one week vacation scheduled during the course, but I’ve been assured that it won’t interfere as long as I can work ahead before going on vacation. I’ll also look into wifi access while I’m away. It is going to be a challenge, but I love challenges!!

I have to thank my wonderful husband for agreeing to let me take yet another set of educational courses. :) He completely understands my never-ending craving for knowledge. I’m going to guess that’s the norm for most educators.

Have you considered the BU course? Want to join me in May?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging Prompts, Genealogy Education, Genealogy Research , ,

12 comments on “Thankful Thursday – I took the plunge!

1. Diane Boumenot on said:

Cant wait to hear how you like this. Keep us posted. I would LOVE to sign up for that course; never really thought about it. I think I’ll look at it. — Diane

2. GeneJ Composer on said:

Yes! So ‘cited for you. –GJ

3. Denise Spurlock on said:

You will not regret taking the plunge! The Boston University course is excellent; the faculty is top-notch. Yes, it is a LOT of work but you will learn so much. I took the online course in the fall of 2010. Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

• 1ancestry2littletime on said:

Thanks, Denise! I’m really looking forward to writing more about my experience with the course. Have you written about your BU experience? I’ll be searching your blogs…

4. Heather Roelker on said:

Good luck on your course! It will be interesting to hear your feedback. Your photo for this post reminds me of Ghostbusters!

5. Good for you! I’m so envious! I can’t wait to hear all about it :)

6. Jennifer Holik Urban on said:

Oh I hope you enjoy the BU course. That is on my genealogy education wish list for the future when I have more time and $$. Let us know how it goes!